Sunday, June 03, 2018

Progress With Sewing Room

I want to thank many of you who recently commented on my post about setting up my sewing room.  Your comments were most helpful and good because you have been there and done this.

I have actually made some progress with one side of the room.  I thought I would share a couple of pics of the room thus far.  The struggle with the room is that my computer and "office" if you will are in the same room as the sewing room.  In my other house I had a little nook for my "office".  Actually having the computer in the same room with sewing allows me to watch sewing related videos and sew at the same time in the shared space.

Here is the organized side of the room
I have the sewing machine and serger set up.  The white table will be moved somewhere(?).  This is my cutting table and opens up on both sides.  I will have to leave one side down, I think, to make it work.  What you can't see is that next to the serger is my coverstitch machine, currently sitting on a wood tv tray.  I got that idea from one of my sewing friends in the Roanoke ASG. 

I have kept the sewing table my Grandmother had over the years.  I am now using it to hold the embroidery machine I gave myself for Christmas.  It is on the other side of the room that has yet to be organized.

I hope to put off curtains or I should say I hope soon my husband will drill and put up hardware so I can hang up some curtains to help control sunlight that blinds don't totally block out during the heat of the day.  There are even more "stuff" not captured in this photo.

My DH is going to be out of the house today and this will give me more uninterrupted time to arrange and rearrange the room.    I feel like I am actually making progress with the room!  More later.😉

10 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. You have a very nice room with lots of natural light. Looking forward to seeing it complete so we can see some more of your wonderful sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do like the lighting in the room. Right now I only have blinds up and just cannot decide on what curtains to hang. Room is more complete now and hope to be working on a project soon.

      Delete
  2. My computer is in my sewing room too. Sometimes I wish it was elsewhere because I can come in and lose an entire afternoon to my computer but most times I'm grateful it's here because it's easy to access information I need. I hope you get a lot done today and that you will be able to sew soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am beginning to like the idea of computer and sewing room together. I can see the advantage of pulling up a sewing video or YouTube one that will be helpful to sewing project I am working on. The room set up is getting better and close to using.

      Delete
  3. Oh the light--how wonderful, especially once you tame it with the curtains. Your room is really shaping up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I am undecided on the curtains yet. More progress achieved, almost there.

      Delete
  4. Great progress on the sewing room! It takes time to figure out exactly where you want to put things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have rearranged several times; getting close to being able to sew again.

      Delete
  5. It's amazing how much we can get done when the husband is out of the house!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...