Monday, April 09, 2018

Overwhelmed!


Moving is not for the faint hearted! 

After 14 years in this house, it is amazing how much one can obtain.  Downsizing and moving is proving to be way more involved than I originally thought/planned.  I knew we were going to go smaller; I thought I was doing well with starting to eliminate "stuff".

I still have way more stuff to do something with.  I thought about selling patterns and fabric on line but that requires time to take photos and then post on eBay or some other source.  I saw this as one more obstacle in my long list of things to do!

I have yet to sew anything since I retired; and here it is I thought I would be sewing up a storm.  Just can't get the mojo going.  Once we move and get settled, I know I will be sewing again.  Until then, I am packing up more of my fabric collection.

I donated 4 large trash bags of fabric to Goodwill along with two trash bags of patterns.  I also gave 2 bags of fabric to a young girl who has just started sewing and the look on her face when I gave her the fabric was so worthwhile! Also packed up two trash bags of shoes that have not seen the light of day in at least 10 years!😲

For those readers who live in my area, the fabric, patterns and shoes have gone to the Goodwill locations at Hollins, Melrose and Cave Spring.

Today is a new day to tackle more clutter!  I woke up this AM and dang if it wasn't snowing again.  Nothing like the snows in northeastern states have been, but the thought of snow in April stuns me.

More later!

8 comments:

  1. I'm just above Lexington. Three inches and still snowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the craziest weather for April. When I lived in PA, I expected to see snow in April. Not here. We were much luckier than you in that we did not get any snow accumulation.

      Delete
  2. I went through this too when I moved. I finally broke down and got a storage unit. I've had it for five years now and will go through it this summer. If I haven't used it by now then it's time for it to go. Good luck with the packing and moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn. I remember when you were moving. I think we will probably end up with a storage unit yet.

      Delete
  3. Oh that is so hard. I've been in my new place 2 years and feel like I need a major declutter. It's crazy how stuff accumulates.

    Hopefully you'll get your mojo back once you get settled in the new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe all the clutter, I should, it was thee every day!!!! But when you start moving stuff around, you really see it. I think once we are more settled, I will be happily sewing again.

      Delete
  4. Just did the down sizing move last year...Saturday I spent going through boxes that still remained from my move that landed in the garage...patterns and fabric in the back of my car today for Goodwill donations. Its a never ending chore. Good luck with the move I do really love my new little home...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean. I have fabrics in my stash that are more than 10 years old! I need to sort it out one day when my health gets better. My husband already helped me cleaned up my 'to be refashioned' stash. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...