Saturday, April 08, 2017

S1316 complete

DH and I decided that today was the day to stay in and do nothing but read, sew or whatever.

For me it was sewing.  The mojo has returned and completing this top was top of mind.  I like the top somewhat; there are a few things that I am not happy about and should I make this again I will make these adjustments.

Because it is a DDND-don't do nothing day.  I did not wash and style the hair and have on limited make up so to see this on will be another photo day.

My likes with this pattern:

  1. Separate front pieces for Cups B, C and D.  Yeah no FBA!
  2. Variety of front neckline options.
  3. Easy to sew and with shoulder princess seams, adjustments are easy to make
I don't have any dislikes of the pattern.

What I needed to have done was raise the neckline a little.  After stitching the facings, it lowered and widened the neckline on me.  I have an old neck and unless I wear a scarf or some sort of necklace I don't like how that looks on me..

The swayback adjustment I made was PERFECT!  Sorry you can't see that now.  I was truly pleased how well the back fits with no pooling.

I also sewed the center back seam all the way up as I was able to pull the top over my head, so it did not require hook and eye or button and button loop.

The fabric was somewhat slippery to handle and could easily get distorted.  I serge finished all seams. One other thing I did with understitching the facings at the neckline was to use a zigzag stitch and it truly helped keep the neckline from rolling out.  I got that idea from watching a Nancy's Notion program and seeing the guest-Pamela Leggett do this with a knit garment she was sewing on Nancy's show.  I works well for woven fabrics also.

I topstitched the neckline as well as the sleeve and bodice hems.

Ii may sew this again but not anytime soon.  I have so many other patterns to try.  More photos of me wearing later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...