Sunday, December 06, 2015

Holiday Sales and Muse Jenna Cardi

Making progress with the cardi.  Using a real fiddly knit fabric for this test version. Here is the cardi on Alma Marie with neckband pinned to neckline.  Alma Marie has much wider shoulders than I do, so fit is off.  Speaking of shoulders I used a 38 for the neckline, shoulder and upper chest.  The shoulders were just too wide and I cut off 1/2 inch and fit is better.  I still may need to shave off more on another version. The bust to bottom I used a 42 for the front and 40 for the back.

I am making the waist length, 3/4 quarter sleeve version.

I took advantage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales following Thanksgiving.  I purchased several patterns from Sewaholic which arrived yesterday. Here's what I purchased





I also saw a review on Pattern Review of a flared leg pant that I liked. McCall's 6515 is now OOP and I found it on Etsy.  I also saw a cute jacket pattern, also OOP by Vogue.  
That's all there is for sewing this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...