Saturday, December 13, 2014

Decisions Decisions

I have had sewing on my mind most days this week trying to determine what I wanted to sew next.  I pulled several dress patterns last weekend trying to decide what to make.  The fabrics calling out for attention were two recent purchases, one from Mood and one from Gorgeous Fabrics.

Today my earlier decision about one of several dress patterns just went out the window.  I put all those patterns back in the Vogue dress pattern file box and pulled out this one.


The fabric on the left is a black/white Italian wool tweed from Mood.  The fabric on the right is lace look double knit from Gorgeous Fabrics.  I think the mix of fabric type will work together.

I have cut out the pattern pieces and began the pin fitting test to determine any adjustments besides my usual ones.

I am also trying to determine the main versus contrast fabric to use.  I have more of the double knit fabric compared to the other. I have enough of each to use either way.  The back is not color blocked. Updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...