Saturday, August 09, 2014

Sewing Activities of Late

Returning to work this week after my staycation slowed down my sewing mojo. Last evening I sewed the Santa Monica T using knit fabric from my stash that was left over from another project. I chose to use the previously traced Santa Monica T pattern; when cutting I added extra 1/2 inch for side seam allowance.
I serged the top using 3/8 seam allowance per pattern instructions. The bodice fit but the shoulder and arms were wonky. Obviously I need to retrace the pattern as there has definitely been body changes and sizes.

In September there will be a high school reunion (my 45th reunion) and I need to focus on making a dress. I have two patterns in mind and God knows I have numerous dress patterns in my stash so I have some more options. My DH thinks I should wear a black dress and I have several black fabrics in my fabric collection'.
So this morning, I have gone through my fabric stash that I keep in the sewing room to cull out fabrics that I know I will not sew any time soon . I will move those to another room where I store fabrics and pull out some of the black fabric I want to consider for my class reunion dress.

A black dress will be my August garment of the month.I hope your sewing weekend will be a productive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...