Sunday, March 18, 2012

Side zippers and pleats

Butterick 5672 has a new set of challenges.  Installing a side zipper over several pleats is proving to be somewhat difficult.  I am thinking I may move the zipper to the other side.  I am having a heck of a time trying to line up the waist line at front and back.  I have removed the zipper twice, tried to redo the pleats and find myself getting more and more frustrated.

Decided to take a break from this.  Putting the zipper in on the other side is look more and more like a better option.  Once this step is complete, then I only need to attach the lining, insert sleeves and hem.

Faye asked if I will show my Style Arc patterns.  Yes, I will.  They are all tops, though one can be a dress or top as well.
Courtesy of www.stylearcpatterns.com .  This was a freebie for this month.

Unusual top and thought it would be versatile for vacation. Again for StyleArc Patterns.

Wanted to try this pattern for cowl neck top/dress.  Similar to Vogue 1250

More of a top to wear for work than casual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...