Sunday, October 02, 2011

Skirts

Vogue 8750 is complete including the hand work--yeah!!  I am ready to begin sewing my next skirt which is a Simplicity Project Runway skirt and is now OOP.  I have had several plans to make this skirt but seemed to always put it aside as another pattern become my focal point.

I think I posted previously that I am using a striped fabric with the stripes running vertical and the band at the bottom edge will run horizontal.  I read through the instructions last night and glad that I did.   I would not have pleated the fabric the way the instructions have you do it.  I think that the instructions are probably better than if I had done it the way I was thinking.  There are pockets and side zipper involved and can see where it would be better to sew those first than doing the pleating first.  I will share more about that later.

I have another business trip coming up next week; I will be traveling to Asheville, NC.  Waechters' Fine Fabrics is located there and has been several years since I visited their shop.  They are in a new location since I was there last so looking forward to seeing the new shop and all the goodies. My plan is to go there first before checking into the hotel!!!!  I have my priority in clear focus.

I will try to take some photo shots of the completed skirt and the Simplicity work in progress.  More later.

2 comments:

  1. Be sure to take their phone number with you as they are a wee tricky to locate first time out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I am envious of your planned trip to Waechters. I have ordered from their website but never been there. My BFF sewing buddy and I were just talking about taking a road trip there someday.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...