Jalie 2921 Complete

I was able to finish the second Jalie top yesterday evening.  I worked on it a little during the week; basting the side seams for fit and tweaking the center front seam.

Jalie2921 second versionCollar tied.

I like my second version better than the first.  As I posted previously I raised the neckline about an inch and also took horizontal tucks in the upper chest and upper back areas through the armscyce.  This adjustment helped to better fit the underarm seams.

In raising the neckline I should have reduced the width of the tie collar, but didn’t so I now need to turn the collar down so it does not come so far up on my neck.

UntiedUntied and collar not folded down.

I stitched the sleeve and bodice hems with my coverstitch machine.  I see more of this top in my future.

Comments

  1. I'm just about to finish my second one with my coverstitch- these are great tops! I find that if I use a slide for the ties then it comes up high enough, but if I tie it in a bow then it's a little low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a muslin of this top and haven't tweaked it yet to fit right. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely top. I've had that pattern for some time and clearly intimidated by the tie construction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Simplicity 8425

PR Tunic Contest

Sewcialists

Sewcialists