Progress but not complete

I had hoped that I would finish the jacket today; but I am not going to finish it up.  After inserting the sleeves and basting the side seams for fitting, I decided that I needed to tweak the fit in the upper back area as it was too wide as the armscyce was not falling into the right place.  I did some more basting in the back as well as front armscye areas.  I decided I needed to scoop out about 1/2 inch in the back and about 3/8 in the front.

Having to do some household chores as well as prepare some items for dinner, the jacket is again waiting for me.  So I have to reattach the sleeves, sew side seams, attach waistband, and attach snaps and it it done!!!!

There are really a lot of moving parts with this jacket.  My next jacket is going to be a simple and easy one to tackle-I hope and that's the plan.

Comments

  1. Hang in there. It sounds like you are getting close. Can't wait to see the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Out with the Old, In with the New

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Oh no!

Sewcialists

Sewcialists