Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope everyone is enjoying the Memorial Day weekend. Please remember our men and women who are in the military now and those who have served before.


I am almost finished with the KS dress. I think my sewing time has come to a crawl lately. I resumed sewing of the dress yesterday evening after spending the morning shopping and running around with DH. I sewed the side seams of the dress and after trying on I realized that I needed more shaping through the waist area. The pintucks used in the waist insert area has created some sewing challenges; also because it is a stretch cotton fabric added to fitting issues. All issues were solved by taking deeper and more curved seam at the waist area.


The pattern calls for armhole facings and I did cut those out. However per the illustrations and after pinning those into the armhole, I realized this created a lot of bulk in that area. So I decided to not use the facings and used bias binding instead. The binding has been stitched and I am at the point of trimming the seam allowance and turning the binding under for topstitching. I had to stop to fix breakfast and will resume sewing later. All that is left to do is hem the dress.

I have cut out pattern pieces for the next dress I am making. More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...