The pockets are pleated at the top edge and then edge is turned under and topstitched. Of course, this was done before you attach to jacket. I basted the side and bottom edges of the pockets that I turned under. Then I pinned them on the jacket. There is a pocket flap that requires a buttonhole and button.
I need to search for the right buttons for this jacket. So I am coming to a halt until I can find what is going to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August Sewing Simplicity 7295
I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...
-
I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...
-
On to the next project. I made this pattern previously. I made View C. I wear the top frequently though I feel it is a little large on me....
I really like that style of pockets - your jacket is shaping up really nicely. I'll be interested to see your choice of buttons - sometimes I spend ages looking in lots of different shops to find just the right buttons and often they can turn out to be really expensive!
ReplyDeleteI like those pockets also. Good luck with your button search.
ReplyDelete