Sewing Update

Yesterday, DH and I went to Danville to visit MIL. Friday was her birthday so we took her out to lunch at her favorite restaurant on Saturday. We took her to the mall where I saw my SIL and her DH and grandchild. While there I saw my cousin, so it was a nice visit with family.

Later that evening, I began on the second version of the BWOF Feb. 108 top. Friday night, I finished tweaking the pattern and cut out the fabric. Using some helpful information from "burdaenglish" yahoo group, I was able to topstitch the neckline with some better results than the first version. It is still not as I would really like it but passable. Last night I attached the sleeves using flat method instead of in the round as the instructions would have you do. Finished the side seams and turned up the hem. This AM I completed the hemming of the sleeves and top. I took a photo of it hanging a rack and will try it on later for another few photos.

I am more pleased with the fit of this second version. Whether this will become a TNT for this style top is still being considered. I just don't like the turn under and topstitching of the neckline. Got to be a better way. Later!


Popular Posts