Is it done yet?

NO!
I spent considerable time on the McCall's dress today. I made all the fitting adjustments discovered last weekend.
  1. Reduced the front bodice/skirt seam allowance from 5/8 to 1/2 in order to lower the front waistline.
  2. Took deeper underarm seam for dress and dress lining.
  3. Removed the cap sleeves
  4. Used single fold purchased bias binding for armhole. Dress will now be a sleeveless one.
  5. Serge finished bottom edge of the dress and dress lining.

The final steps are to hem the dress and the lining. I also want to adjust the back collar, tacking it down the back neckline so as to keep the collar in one position. It shifts all around if I don't.

My next few projects I want to be less complicated, something that will give quick gratification.

Here are some parting shots of the dress as it is now:

This is the bias binding that was attached and then turned in and pinned. Ready for hand sewing.


The binding is sew in attached to the lining fabric.

You can go here to see some other photos

Comments

  1. It looks like you are making great progress on the dress! The fabric is so beautiful. I can't wait to see a picture of it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been really busy the last two weeks and not reading blogs. I didn't realize we were working on the same dress. I really like your sleeveless version. Your collar looks much better that the pattern picture. More soft and drapey. This dress turned out to be a lot more work for me than I expected. Sounds like it was for you as well. I am glad you got to stop in the Hancocks store while in Richmond. We have two. The other is on Broad Street about two blocks from where we have our ASG meetings (guess where we go after the meeting). The stores carry slightly different fabrics so every once in a while I visit the Midlothian store. I love to get together with you if you are ever in Richmond and have some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, totally hear ya on wanting the next few things to be quick and easy! But just think-- you're almost done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Becky... my current project is taking me WAY TOO LONG. I am bored with it. so much so that everythime I sit down I change my idea a bit. Not sure if this is a bad thing or not, but it makes taking pictures for the tutorial difficult.
    ~Shawna
    sewcraftblog group 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. My plan is that when I finish my coat, I'm making simple tops :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Linda, that dress looks like it is going to be beautiful and worth the effort. I look forward to seeing the finished product -- sure you are, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Downsizing Pattern Stash

Pamela's Pattern Pretty Peplum

New Look 6469

Sewcialists

Sewcialists