Saturday, September 27, 2008

Slow and steady

My dress is progressing slowly.

I pressed and fussed over perfecting the collar on the dress. That is now complete. I completed the sewing of the sleeves that are two pieced sleeves with cut on cuffs. Sleeves are ready to insert.

Side seams are sewn and need to be pressed. Facing is now pinned in place and will baste the facings down, per instructions. This will allow me to do a fitting before I insert the sleeves. Once they are sewn in, then I will attach the snaps and topstitch the facings and hem. I think that I will get this completed tomorrow.

I had planned to take some photos as the dress progressed but didn't stop to get camera out and take some shots. I was intent on getting in as much sewing as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...