Second Jalie top
I completed the second Jalie top-does need hemming. I am truly pleased that I now have gotten the fit perfected for me. I retraced the front pattern piece again using Y for the shoulders and upper chest, then going to AA from under the arm to the hemline. I made a forward shoulder adjustment, an upper back adjustment and completed a FBA using the method described in Sandra Betzina's Fast Fit. I am beginning to like this method more and more. I also shortened the length of the top by almost two inches. I shortened it above the hemline in order to keep the nice waist curve in the original pattern tracing. I also raised the neckline 3/4 of inch and like where this falls on me.
I again used fabric from my stash. This is a knit that I purchased two years ago during the ASG National Conference in DC. I purchased it from a vendor out of Florida Keys. It is a heavier weight slinky that has great recovery. I made a Simplicity dress from this fabric originally and had a little over a yard left to make this top. The neckband is trimmed in some leftover black knit from my stash as well. Here is a photo of the top on Alma Marie
I plan to start on the Butterick dress next; followed by another Jalie knit top pattern. I then want to tackle a couple more dresses. I have yet to start on my coat for the Great Coat Sew Along!!!!