Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Simplicity dress fitting

Last night after dinner, I spent more time in my sewing room instead of at the computer. I pin fitted the Simplicity dress pattern. My usual fitting adjustments will be needed, those being
  1. FSA-forward shoulder adjustment
  2. Swayback
  3. FBA-full bust adjustment
  4. Front and back tuck in upper chest
  5. Shortening the dress length for a better look for my shorter height

I made adjustments 1 and 2 above last night. I am trying to determine how I want to do the FBA. This is a princess seam type dress and many times I use Sandra Betzina's princess seam FBA technique.

Of note about this pattern. The finished measurements noted on the pattern side front piece has an error. They note the waist measurements correctly as they did with the hip measurements, but the descriptive-Waist and Hip are reversed. Thus on the pattern piece,at the waist line, they give you various waist finished measurements but have labeled it Hip. For the hip they labeled it waist. It is apparent when you read the measurements.

Tonight I have to work late and attend our agency's board meeting thus no sewing related work this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...