I can't believe it has been since Feb. 17 since I last blogged. I completed the Butterick dress and have cut out another McCall's raglan sleeve bomber jacket using red scuba knit fabric from my stash purchased from Fabric Mart in 2014.
When I washed it there was a lot of red dye that came off on one of the dye catcher papers that you throw in with clothes or fabrics. This was my second wash for this fabric. Hopefully it will not rub off any more.
The cuffs, collar and waistband is a black rib knit that I also purchased from Fabric Mart in 2017.
I have been busy getting rid of "stuff" but I think it keeps multiplying. I've read a couple of books on decluttering but it feels overwhelming at times. We have traveled to NC to look at some homes in a coastal area and have settled on two of them. And so the process begins on finalizing our move and when. All of this is taking me away from sewing and I do try to sneak in some sewing time.
As I mentioned in my last post, I had a difficult time with the McCall 7100 bomber jacket previously and dang if I just cannot get a break with this pattern now. I am exasperated with myself over the issues I have with this pattern as I have been sewing for many, many, many years and feel like this should not be such an issue.
I ripped another hole in the fabric and I just don't need to waste more time on this. So it is a wadder laying in my trash can. One less piece of fabric to pack and move with me. It is not a fabric that makes me cringe because I am not going to finish this project; the quality is not the best that I have purchased before.
I have another raglan sleeve bomber jacket to try, actually I now have two I can try. I just have not been in a sewing mode with upcoming move. Yesterday I had cataract surgery on my right eye. Wow, what a difference that has made. I am glad I had it done and impressed with how well this surgery went. I had a follow up appointment w…
Several months ago or way back in 2017 I attempted to sew McCall's 7100. I along with several other sewists/bloggers had some issues with this pattern as instructions were written incorrectly in some areas. I was able to catch some and others I didn't. My other challenge with this pattern was not having the right fabric for the collar, cuffs and waistband. So I bid that wadder "bye-bye".
Meanwhile McCall's made corrections and created a sew along that helped in the sewing of this bomber jacket. Since I purchased a boat load of rib knit fabric from Fabric Mart last year, I really need to use what I spent my money for. Sooooooo-I decided lets try this jacket again.
I think this pattern and I are not intended to get along. I had real issues with attaching the pockets and ended up with a hole in the fabric seam allowance from taking the pattern apart and resewing and doing it again. I don't sew a lot of pockets and this should not be a difficult task but I…