Sunday, January 13, 2008

V8414

This is the next project. This was a dress pattern I fell in love with the first time I viewed it in the Vogue Pattern Magazine. I am going to make it out of the grey wool crepe I had planned to use for the McCall's dress pattern.

To me this is a different take on a sheath style dress; a style that I am prone to make and wear well and often. I am not sure I am going to make the jacket. There were some concerns or dislikes about the jacket that I read either on a blog or Pattern Review. I want to research that to determine the fit or design issue. May have been the collar which really does not appeal to me.

I have pinned the pattern pieces together to determine fit and adjustments. Some adjustments are just standard for me and some are necessary because of style.

Speaking of wool crepe, Carolyn and Shannon have posted on their blogs about how they treat their wool including wool crepes. Many people dislike the Dreyel products, a home dry cleaning product. I have had good success with this product with wool crepe and other wools. So I plan to work on the crepe today to get it ready for cutting. How you choose to treat them, my experience like many others is that wool crepe does shrink more so than some other wools.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely pattern. I have never worked with wool crepe, it is hard to come by here and when I do find some, its price is horrendous in Paris. Carolyn's, Shannon's and now your posts are certainly making me want to try some out!

    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...