Saturday, December 15, 2007

Jacket Update

The weather is expected to turn wintry today so I am going to get out early this AM to complete some shopping and then come home and continue to work on my jacket.

I interfaced the hem area and then turned up the hem. I pinned the lining to the fabric anticipating to start attaching the lining to the fabric unit by stitching in the ditch of the side seams. I will then quilt the jacket. This is following the January 2006 Threads, "Designer Jacket" article guidelines. I've already varied from them a little and I will post more about that later.

I am making the trim for my jacket so while watching TV with DH the other night I worked on the trim. It is coming together nicely, if I say so myself. See this post to see what I am using to make the trim. I am amazed at the length of the trim at this time. I laid the trim on the jacket front last night and I like how it is looking with the jacket. I will try to take some shots of this later.

1 comment:

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...