Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sewing Furniture

I took the plunge and purchased a Horn of America Sewing table, Model 2136. I love it!

The only assembly required is inserting the casters on the bottom of the cabinet. I had to adjust the flat-bed level which required loosening a bolt and moving it down. Now all is level and the plastic insert which is made to fit your specific machine model fits like a charm.

It has been such a pleasure sewing with this today. All fabric lays flat and I think my machine sounds quieter now.

Go here to take a look.

4 comments:

  1. Linda, I can see you love it already! I love mine, it also has a flip up back piece that can be used for cutting - which is good in my very small space! As the British would say, purpose-built is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, that's a great cabinet. Hope you will have many years sewing on this great cabinet. Mine is similar. I've had it several years and really love it. What color did you choose?

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...