I am making slow progress on my jacket. I have had to refit the back and back side pieces. Too full in the upper back. I may also take a deeper seam in the shoulder. McCall's jackets seem to run large on me. The pattern calls for a small shoulder pad. With this jacket you have a gathered sleeve cap and a thick shoulder pad I think will be to much.
Fabric is great to sew with. Not a lot more to do. I have topstitched the front and back princess seams. Lining unit is complete. I only need to add sleeves to this then attached both units.
As promised here are photo shots of my recent fabric purchase. Both fabrics have been washed and ready for cutting. The dark floral one seems a little faded after washing so not sure how well this will hold up to constant wear and wash. Also the camera has lightened the look also as the background color in real time is much darker.
The other fabric is a knit, not rayon. I saw this fabric sewn up as the new Jalie Bobbie top and yes, I am going to copy what another blogger used to make the same top.
My first two hard copy pattern purchases for the year arrived yesterday. Both are Jalie's.
The skirt pattern is similar to one or two other skirt patterns I have or had. However the back seaming is different and has a yoke. I have not yet decided what fabric I will use for this.
I am getting ready to trace the Bobbie top and may actually sew something soon. DH and I are going to Wilmington tomorrow, so most likely will be sewing Monday. More later.
This was the last item I sewed; sometime in February. I posted a picture of it on Instagram; it was hanging on the sewing room door. I find myself wearing this dress quite a bit since moving. I have gotten lots of compliments on this dress when I wore it shopping and recently to the doctor's office.
The fabric was purchased from Cali Fabrics. I truly like their shop and they are quick to ship. I have been on a fabric diet and just recently purchased two knit fabrics from Simply By Ti. This was a new to me shop and offered a nice discount so I purchased a floral knit and paint brush look knit. I will take shots of the fabric soon.
I decided to wear this last week for my first visit to a doctor; this was a new patient appointment. I took some quick photos using my iPad, which do not always turn out the to be the most flattering or appealing photos.
This is a great knit; washes and dries easily and no ironing. I have one issue with the back neck. I have a little fold of fabr…
I know that you dear reader are probably tired of reading about moving and setting up my new sewing space. It is basically finished, though I am searching for some nice art work (inexpensive) to hang on a wall.
One thing keeping me from finishing the set up was my cutting table. My DH gifted me a lovely sewing room fabric/pattern cutting table when we lived in PA (2000-2003). It was a table that I kept set up to its full length as it had fold down tops. It survived the move from PA to VA; I had that table for 17 years. When drop leaves were folded down, there were two movable parts that folded in when not opened to its fullest. When I folded it down for the move, plastic pieces broke off.
The table was substantial in weight and try as we might to fix this, DH and I could not do so. I donated the table to the Salvation Army as they provide home pick up of furniture. We could not lift the table to take it to them or another charity.