Well on its way
I made great progress this evening on my dress. I had to buy thread to match this green fabric. All the green threads I had were way off from this shade. DH wanted to go to several places today so while out I went to JoAnn's and purchased the thread. I needed a longer zipper as well so purchased a white one but really wanted a green invisible zipper.
I was going to post a slide view of my dress progress, but I am not real pleased with the way the embedding process works for slide show using Picasa 2. So I am going to just post photos. You can go to Flickr as well to see them.
One thing I wish I had done differently was to cut out the longer view of the dress. Usually when I cut the shorter version of patterns when I do not make petite adjustments, the length is a little long. Not with this dress! The length it is now is the length I want. I think I will add seam binding or cut a hem facing and use 1/4 seam allowance to attach then turn up 3/8 to hem.
So far the sewing has gone smooth, even attaching the inseam pockets. This was a new technique for me but I am pleased with the results. I thought about lining the dress but decided I am lazy. I may rethink this tomorrow.
The last photo is a close up of the fabric. I cut the center front and the center back pieces with stripes/dots on the horizontal. The side front and side backs stripes/dots are running vertically. I did not want to try to match up those horizontal stripes when cutting out the side pieces.