Fabric for dress

Here is a photo of my fabric that I am using for the upcoming empire waist dress from Vogue.

I have not yet cut the pattern yet. It calls for 2.25 yds of 60" wide fabric. Guess what this is exactly that. I really think that I will be able to cut it out and still have some left for just in case!
The fabric looks better "live" than in this photo. I washed it today so that it could shrink if it was going to. It is a stretch woven.

I also traced another top pattern-HotPatterns Sunshine Top. I am not sure if this is going to turn out well or not. I have some knit fabric that has been in my stash for awhile and will do a muslin using it. I have not had great success with HP patterns. I read reviews on PR about this top and those who reviewed it said they would make it again. All four reviewers gave it a thumbs up. Yet none of them spoke of any quirky adjustments they needed to make.

I decided to go by the sizes on the back of the pattern envelope which puts me all over the place with what size to use. I believe that the underarm seam is going to be too high up. I think the shoulders and chest will be okay. According to the sizes, I used 10 through shoulders and upperchest then moved to 16 for bust and waist and hips. Will see! Once the fit is perfected, I plan to make a top from this fabric. I got this fabric through a fabric co-op called Fabrics and Notions.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Simplicity 8425

PR Tunic Contest

Sewcialists

Sewcialists