Saturday, March 17, 2007

WIP's

I have cut out a shell pattern using some fabric in my stash that I got for free from an ASG member over a year ago. It is navy shantung type fabric.

I then made fitting adjustments to a Simplicity pattern. I am going to make the skirt and top in the right hand corner of the small views of the various looks. I am using buttermilk knit fabric acquired from EOS prior to Christmas. The usual adjustments I normally make were made and I plan to cut out the fabric tomorrow.

I am thinking that I will move forward and cut out some other patterns tomorrow. While I am doing that I can finish embroidering a t-shirt I started some time back and posted a photo on this blog. I just don't think that it looks quite finished yet. Besides it will give an opportunity to work with my new Magna Hoops.

I want to move forward with the vintage pattern for the 1945 skirt. I have leftover fabric from my sheath style dress I made last year that was a knock off of a Talbot's dress and jacket. This fabric has pretty nice drape and this skirt needs that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...