Thursday, November 16, 2006

Where have I been?

I can't believe I haven't written something since Saturday.

I have been working on my skirt and I don't have a lot more to do. Just stitch the side seams, attach the yoke facing and hem. I thought I would share some photos. Here is the front with the faux pockets. There is a center front seam and I have topstitched the front seam and I topstitched the yoke seam also.



I also have inserted the lapped zipper on the back after sewing the back yoke pieces to the back skirt pieces. I love using invisible zippers but thought I really need to hone my lapped zipper skills. I really don't like doing zippers other than the invisible zipper. You can not get better at something if you don't practice it so the pattern called for a lapped zipper and that is what I did. Unfortunately I can't currently find the photos of the skirt I took showing the zipper, the topstitching and such. I think I took the photos and are save to camera not memory stick. So will post those soon and provide more feedback on skirt progress. I plan to complete it tomorrow and then start on making a few knit tops.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...