Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm Back From ASG!

I returned yesterday evening around 5:00. It was about a 4 hour drive, stopping for lunch and to fill up the car.

I had a great time. It was fun spending time with our local ASG members who attended. Some I only see once a month. I got in a lot of walking and way too much eating! I arrived in DC around 3:00 on Thursday. It was at least 102 degrees. It was extremely hot. After getting checked in to my room and then going down to registration for conference, I caught up with some of our members for dinner. The Hyatt Hotel shuttle took us to M station to catch the Metro over to Pentagon City. We walked around the mall there and had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. It was stifling hot underground waiting for the Metro. We returned to the hotel and it was Exhibition Preview Night for attendees. I paced myself and just walked around looking at booths without buying. Of course, after going to my room, visions of everythign was playing in my head.

Friday morning was breakfast at 7 AM and then classes. I have to say that the classes I attended were all very good. Unfortunately, one of the classes I was to take with Cynthia Guffey canceled as she was called home for a family emergency. Many of us heard her husband was not doing very well. I ended up taking Peggy Sagers class on a Dozen Favorite Techniques and I was very impressed. Following a lunch with way too much food offered, I attended additional classes. Of course this was followed by shopping in exhibition hall. That night we attended a great fashion show. Very well organized and very upbeat. Some of the clothes modeled both by instructors as well as ASG members were truly gorgeous as well as inspiring.

Saturday, I slept late, skipped breakfast. I then attended classes, lunch, exhibition hall shopping and then dinner with several ladies from our ASG. We got out and walked to a great Mexican restaurant, then dessert and more walking (thank goodness). We celebrated one of our members birthday with drinks in the lounge. We truly had a great time.

More ASG to report later.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had so much fun! I am sorry I will miss Thursday. I have surgery tomorrow. Have a great time at the auction. I can't wait to read more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...