Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Black Skirt Progress

Progress to date is I have sewn the back darts. Wow what progress! This has been one of those weeks, and it is only Wednesday, where career is consuming more than normal amount of my life. But it supports my sewing habit, so a girl has to do what a girl has to do.

Here is a photo of the fabric, I tried to lightened it a bit so you can see the "ribs" on this fabric. (I am pleased that Blogger allowed the post of the photo, for days now this feature has been on the blink). You can click on the photo and will provide a close up view.

I now need to come up with a blouse fabric to make a blouse like the New Look one I had planned to make. Perhaps the EOS fabric I had originally thought I was going to use to make this skirt, only it may be as flimsy as the blue fabric was for this blouse style. Lesson learned.!


1 comment:

  1. I am hoping things slow down for you at work soon so you can get in more sewing!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...