Sewing Blurb-6-06-06

I am making progress on my jacket to go with my new dress. I decided to use the SNF method for the lining. I think it will go faster this way. I have sewn the back darts, center back seam and added the lining per SNF. I serged the edges as jacket is silk tweed and ravely, but not overly so. I interfaced the front pieces and sewed the front darts. I then pin basted the sides and shoulders to be sure of the fit. I wish had added a little more ease. I may decide to remove or reduce the back waist darts. Though the jacket is not designed to button or zip, I am concerned a little about it being tight. I did not think about the lining when I cut this out and perhaps should have allowed a little more for that. Will see.

I am at the point in the making that if I am going to remove back waist or let them out some, I can do it now, not later.

More later.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Out with the Old, In with the New

Simplicity 8425

Sewcialists

Sewcialists