Friday, June 23, 2006

New project started

I started my new fashion project this evening after having pizza with DH. I worked until 7:30 last night so I left work at 4:45 today. After we got home, I began the pattern fitting process for the Vogue Jacket and Skirt pattern mentioned in an earlier post. All jacket adjustments were made, which of course included my usual-forward shoulder adjustment (FSA), narrow upper back adjustment, swayback adjustment. I had to increase the bust and this time I used Sandra Betzina's Princess Seam Bust adjustment from her Fast Fit book. Less intense pattern adjustment. It is one I have used before. Interestingly I had to lengthened the waist line. I am long waisted for a petite. Though I thought the waist line would be short for a regular size person. I did shortened the length between shoulder and bottom armhole as well. I adjusted the sleeve pattern again using fitting tips from Sandra Betzina. I also narrowed the shoulder length about 1/4 of an inch.

Tomorrow the plan is to go to CURVES, come home and shower, get the grocery shopping chores completed. Then I plan to cut out the pattern and begin the sewing process.

More later!

2 comments:

  1. Linda ~ You know why I have so much time to sew on the weekend, I do all of those *errand* type things during the week. I mean I am already out and about why not food shop, pick up clothes from the cleaners, etc. Leaves the weekend amazingly free to do what I really love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...