Sunday, June 18, 2006

My next sewing project

Here it is my next sewing project. Vogue Pattern 8004

This is the fabric I will use. It is pale yellow with golden brown palm trees with a touch of pink/coral.


I purchased this last year, possibly year before, from Sawyer Brook. It is a golden tan/yellow color, with golden brown with pink/coral palm trees. It is heavy enough to make this unlined jacket and pull on skirt. Yet light enough for a summer feel.

Originally I was going to make a dress-sheath style. I love this type dress on me but I need to venture onto something else next. My new shoes from Nordstrom's half yearly sale is perfect with this fabric. They are also perfect with my Talbots Knockoff Jacket and Dress.

I pressed the pattern and cut around the pieces. Next I will tissue fit. It would be great if I could just cut a certain size, sew it up and wear it. Tissue fitting, measuring, fitting adjustments are all part of the sewing process. Just not necessarily the part I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...