Sunday, January 29, 2006

Wool Roving and planned use

I wanted to show some of my wool roving I received in the mail yesterday for use with the Babylock Embellisher. I am designing in my head what I plan to do with this. I want to make some sort of design and trying to determine how best to go about this. I want to use the design on the Vogue jacket pattern as well as the Swing Jacket pattern that goes with the booklet I purchased from Nancy's Notions along with DVD of the various designs using this pattern. Here is the Swing Jacket booklet.




Here are photos of some of the roving.




Here is the other jacket I am working on. Liana-Sew Intriguing blog and Friend of PR-recently reviewed this on her blog. I am making the jacket on the far left, in lime green cashmere wool that I too purchased from Wazoodle over a year ago. It was offered at such a great price I could not turn it down. I will line the pattern but will not add an interlining as Liana did. I really don't want it to be heavier, I like the lightness of it. It is similar fabric to a jacket I purchased at Talbot's about 4 years ago that I still love and wear. The Talbot's jacket does not have a lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...