Saturday, January 14, 2006

Twist Top is making me happy!

I started sewing the KS Twist Top today. Just about finished it actually. I printed out a couple of the reviews on Pattern Review about this pattern. I did use the clear elastic around the neckline as two other reviewers suggested. I think this was a good suggestion. I then just followed the instructions as it was an easy top to make.

The great news about this is that I have a good fitting top from Kwik Sew. I have not always had good success as I have had a hard time finding the size ranges I needed to use. I am finding that I have a decent fitting top when using small in the shoulders and neck. I then taper the small sleeve head to large underarm to accomodate the draft onto large bust area. I then use large throughout.

Today's KS top felt a little snug through the back area, and this was more of an exception that the norm. Perhaps it is the knit I am using or just the style. That is the challenge of sewing with various knits. At least it is a challenge for me. Irregardless or regardless, I am please with the top.

The twisting top front area was a nice depth for me. Others have mentioned it was rather low and have worn a cami underneath. I added 1/2 inch at that area, tapering to the regular cutting line and this worked perfectly.

I will post photos later. Nice to have a success after another failure with another pattern line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...