Monday, December 26, 2005

Loes Hinses Patterns Ready.

I cut out the fabric to make the Loes Hinses Tuxedo Jacket. This is fabric I purchased from Vogue Fabrics, months ago. It is a pretty winter white with lavendar, gray, steel gray and rose color threads or slugs running throught the fabric. Not sure of the fabric content. I am trying to find a previous Vogue Fabric swatch mailing with this one included to determine the fibers in this fabric. It was difficult to cut due to the heavy slugs woven through the material.



I am using an off white lining, Hang Loose, for jacket front and back pieces. I am going to use the Stitch and Flip (SNF) method of sewing the lining to the fabric for these pieces only. I am planning on interfacing the sleeves with Soft Knit in off white. I want to keep the front slit included in this jacket styling and not sure that I can line the sleeve or not. Still thinking on that one.

I also finished cutting out the lining and pockets for the LH Butterfly Bag. This was put aside to complete Christmas sewing. So now I am ready to tackle both projects. Lucky me I only to work three days next week so will get more sewing time in next long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...