New Pattern Update

I tried on the new knit top after stitching binding to neck and inserting the sleeves. I basted side seams and tried on.

Neck binding looked good. I basted orignially. It was standing away from my body around the scoop part of the neckline. Thus I shortened binding and rebasted. Looked good so serged the binding to neckline. Fits great now.

The overall fit is not great nor is it too bad. However it is way to short and if it was longer then perhaps I could get by with the fact that it is a little too tight in the bust. Because it is short it stands away right at the waist line in front. Not a pretty sight, nor flattering. I realized after cutting that it probably was going to be on the short side.

Also in the front the armscye area on the bodice front seems to be to wide. It is not fitting my arm area well in the front. In looking at fitting related books, I may have a narrow chest area and need to go smaller in that area. I have a C/D cup so I have a tendency to go with larger size. Perhaps because I want to avoid doing a FBA. I think with this pattern I made need to go with smaller size in the chest area and then go to larger right under the arm area. Now that the sleeves are serged onto the front, my only option is to undo stitching in front area and scoop out some of the front armscye area tapering to original at the underarm. That comes from reading not my experience.

Well got to stop this writing at this time, need to finish getting ready for work. (Sigh!)

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Pamela's Patterns Bias Skirt!

Simplicity 1366

Ruffle Neck Tunic

Sewcialists

Sewcialists