Sunday, February 04, 2018

Hoodie

I finally took a photo of me wearing the Halifax Hoodie. I probably should have waited until I had freshened my makeup and hair, to do a proper photo shoot.  As you can see I finally got a fairly nice matching shoe lace to use for this hoodie; I wanted to match the grape color in the print and cuffs but none were included the packe of shoelaces.  I saw more bright colors online that what I received.  I don't recall seeing a place to select a different color pack.

Here are my thoughts about this pattern. 

  1. It is designed for a much taller person than I am.  I shortened the sleeves by 1 1/2 inchesand when adding the cuffs I use 1/2 inch seam allowance instead of 3/8 which seemed to make the sleeves the right length.
  2. I shortened the top but think I could shorten more.  It is more tunic length which I like somewhat but may another inch would be better.  It is not a too snug fit, somewhat loose which maybe I could stitch a 1/2 inch seam instead of 3/8.
  3. The cowl neck needs extra length for it to drape more than mine did.  However, this wasn't bad.
  4.  I think I may need to make a slight FBA and as there were some folds over the bust at the underarm.
  5. I reduce the shoulder width by 3/8 tapering to the notch on the front and back of the armscye area.
  6. I made a forward shoulder adjustment as usual of 5/8.
  7. I really like this pattern and do plan to make a few more tops similar to this one and make the zippered one as well.
  8. A well drafted and well illustrated pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...