Sunday, April 23, 2017

I 'm back

I did not realize that my last post was 3 weeks ago!  I feel like I am on a stationary bike and not going anywhere.  Crazy and busy time at work.

I 've done a little sewing.  I completed the Simplicity top and yet to review here or on PR.  I am currently working on McCalls 7542.

I am actually excited about this project.  I love the fabric and purchased it about a year ago from Style Makers Fabrics.  It was Shibori as it does look similar to some shibori projects I have seen.  It is a rayon challis fabric.

Back view

Front View
For the back, I chose to add an invisible zipper.  I am not fond of button loops and buttons.  I also don't like hook and eyes much either.

I am going to use the sleeve from View D, the third one down on the left.  I love that this pattern has various cup sizes, no FBA.

I did make my usual FSA and swayback.  I ended up taking 3/4 inch back seam as I am probably a 12 in the back and larger in the front.  This blouse has shoulder dart in the back and I took a deeper dart width and length wise.

I plan to finish this in the next couple of days.  

More later.

9 comments:

  1. Hurry up! I love that fabric, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. Like Coco I was scrolling waiting for a finished pic! Hurry up!! :)

    I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you made me look. I love that print so much and think the blouse will just be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat fabric. Can't wait to see the finished top. I am waiting for the next pattern sale to buy this pattern for myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, I saw your new top posted on IG (very nice), did you want to submit it to the Tops That Pop Sewalong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing your posted.
    to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...