Writings on sewing related subjects, as well as whatever suits my fancy.
I want to make McCall's 7359 next. I am browsing through my fabric collection to see if I can find something from it. One fabric I keep coming back to is one I purchased from EmmaOneSock, February 2014.
This is a rayon-viscose. I wanted to make a top with contrasting fabric for bodice and yoke. Just not finding the right color or texture to go with this fabric. I am continuing to search through stash for other contrasting fabrics that I may use instead.
I finally finished the tunic and took the opportunity to pose for pictures after work. I did not wear this to work, just a little too warm today for this medium weight linen/rayon fabric. Though the weatherman says we will have fall like weather this weekend!
Without further ado:
Fabric came from a fabric store in Charlottesville; the store closed about a year or more ago. It is a linen-rayon blend. It was a one side border print. I wanted to incorporate the border with the ruffle all around the neckline but simply did not have enough to make the ruffle and fit the neckline. So I used it to one side of the neckline.
I was pleased that I was able to cut and line up the border at the side seams.
With the back pattern piece, you can choose to sew using darts or not.I had to play around with the darts some. The first darts I sewed made the back too fitted. I reduced the darts to more of an essence of darts and that made the back too poofy in the middle, so took the …
I have made progress on fitting adjustments for the peplum top. Decided that the shoulder and armscye area is just to full and decided to remove the sleeves, to trim out some of this fullness. I have enough fabric to cut a new pair of sleeves.
It took me forever to remove serger stitches from one sleeve. I still have the other one to do. I know there has to be an easier way to remove serger stitches. If you know a quick way to remove the stitches, please share. I have not taken the time to go to You Tube and probably there is a tutorial for that. In removing the stitches, some places had small tears in the armhole area; it is okay as I am removing some from that area.
Here's a peak of the work in progress for this peplum top. Very fall looking and I am doing more than I normally do to save this fabric and top.
I took advantage of some National Sewing Month discounts. One was for 15% off EOS fabric. The deadline was ended last week. I bought a black denim rayon ponte kn…
I took Thursday and Friday off allowing me to do several fun things including spending time in my sewing room. I have been sewing the Pamela's Patterns Tank Top. I had some issues with this top and of course I realized there was a tutorial with some updated instructions that were not included in the pattern envelope.
I like the top and I got a good fit; yet I know that I will have issues with the strap growing and they were not stabilized as she recommends in the tutorial. I used this fabric leftover from another project.
It is a lovely knit with good recovery yet I think it was a little to soft for this particular pattern. Added to this is the fact that I did not stabilize the neckline or straps as recommended in the tutorial. There were some other stitching instructions about the facing and what I should have done at the strap area.
I will take shots of the finished top and most likely may use this as a tank top for sleeping. I will ma…