This project has not gone all that well from the beginning. The fabric is lovely but a bear to deal with. The other issue for me with this is that I am not sure why I wanted to try this style. I am rather full busted so gatherings around a front placket are not very attractive on me; especially when it is such a close fit. Though I did a FBA I need more than what I adjusted. The style looked rather like a maternity top on me when I tried it on for fitting; I should have taken a fitting earlier in the sewing process. Not that it would have changed my mind about the style on me.
A real dislike about the pattern was the tie neck binding. The neckband was very narrow and after taking a 3/8 inch seam, I could not get the strip turned inside out. I used to have Fasturn notion that would help with this but those got messed up years ago and I never replaced them. I ended up damaging two strips in the turning inside out process with no success.
I came up with an alternative and used fold over elastic. It worked okay. I could go on and on, but I won't. I am chalking this up to a nice tunic, just not for me.
To make a long story short, here is my tunic top that's a wadder for me but hopefully for some shopper at Goodwill it will have a new home.
On to my next project. I plan to make a kimono jacket from fabric I acquired from Fabric Mart last July. I was a Julie's Pick Swatch Member and this was in the July swatch mailer.
As always more sewing posts to follow.