Sunday, July 05, 2015

E-Patterns Downloaded

I decided to try some patterns that I have downloaded either as a free pattern or purchased.  Two patterns I printed out for next sewing projects were the Maria Denmark Kirsten Kimono Tee, that was a free pattern download, and Itch to Stitch Paulina Top.

I taped the Marie Denmark printed pattern and then traced the large size.  After pin fitting, I ended up making several adjustments:

  • 1 inch swayback
  • inserting about an inch in the back hip area
  • FBA of 1.5 inches
  • retracing the length to the short size
  • adding 5/8 seam allowances as they were not included in the pattern
I pulled out to striped fabrics, one is left over fabric from an earlier project; the other striped fabric is a purchase from Fabric Mart last year.

I have seen several versions of this knit tee so I am hoping my version comes out as well.  I plan to cut out the fabric later this evening.


2 comments:

  1. Both of those are great patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I have the patterns fitted, I think they will be good to sew.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...