Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Postman Stopped Here

The postman delivered a package Monday from EOS!----The black ponte knit fabric arrived and it is perfect with the black/brown fabric I ordered previously from EOS.  I knew that it should as I had received swatches that I could match up with the fabric on hand and determined the right weight and black color.  I am so excited to have this so I can start on this project over the long holiday weekend.

I washed and dried the black ponte from Mood to make another black dress using McCall's 6886.  I made this previously using a scuba knit fabric from EOS.  The fit is "perfected" so it should be an easy cut and sew project.  I plan to make the scoop neck version with 3/4 sleeves.

I am still debating on which dress to make for the class reunion event.  I am still stuck on these two three patterns.


The third one from top will require a lining thus more time to sew.  The first two have customized bust sizes thus potentially eliminating a FBA, though because both have princess seams it will be easier to do.

polls

8 comments:

  1. I like all three, but V9024 is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the McCall's. I'd choose V9017 as a close second though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh darn! I voted then saw I was losing! I really like that last pattern because it's unusual and fun. Still classic, but not classic/classic like the other two.

    Good luck! You should have a good time sewing any way you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! Yeah the V9017 has gotten a lot of votes and have been leaning toward that one from the beginning. I saw a cute dress from the McCall's one on PR this AM in a print that really made it even more fun dress.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...