Limited sewing took place this past week. There were more starts and stops with little bits completed.
The black ponte knit from Mood fabrics was the perfect rich black color I wanted; the weight or hand of the fabric is somewhat softer/thinner. I don't think it will work with the black and brown fabric. I am going to try to apply a knit interfacing to a square of the fabric to see if this may give it the hand I'm wanting.
Meanwhile I completed the taping of numerous pattern pages for the Tribeca Top. This is an independent pattern from Kitschy Coo. The Penny Pinafore dress pattern was a great fit particularly in the upper bust/chest area. I have now traced and cut out the pattern pieces for my size and will test this with another solid knit fabric from my stash. Hopefully this will fit as well as the other pattern did.
I hope your sewing is going well and will post more later.