Saturday, February 08, 2014

Weekend sewing

Two days on the road this past week and long business meetings yesterday, can make a girl go crazy!  At least that is the case for this girl.  I was so happy to leave work on Friday and to start the weekend.  DH and I had dinner after doing a little bit of grocery shopping Friday evening.

After putting up the groceries I went to the sewing room to finish the Renfrew 3 top.  I attached the sleeve cuffs and then set up the coverstitch machine.   I still have to hem the bodice as coverstitch and I were not working well together. I knew if I kept fiddling with the machine I would get cranky so decided to wait another day.

Next up is M6796.  I steam finished the fabric in my dryer and it came out softer to the touch.  Why I had not thought about this previously, I don't know.  I read a post on another blog about how they were pretreating wool fabric by using the steam feature on their dryer.  I also learned I could wet two worn lint free towels to put in the dryer with the wool and put on high heat setting to pretreat.

This top is my Garment of the Month for February.


2 comments:

  1. I just ordered M6796. Can't wait to see yours made up. ~Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished cutting out the fabric. I plan to sew it today.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...