Monday, June 10, 2013

Basting and fitting

I took a few moments before and after work to baste in the sleeves.  I want to make sure that the shoulder and the sleeves fit well.  I basted them in using flat version and then will baste sleeve and side seams next for, I hope, the final fitting.  Once the fitting and sewing is complete, I need to finish the neckline.  The pattern calls for turning under and top stitching.  I am think bias binding instead.

This is a fairly stable lace knit, yet there could be some stretching so I either stitch clear elastic and then turn under and top stitch or use a bias binding.   What are your thoughts, feedback appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...