Saturday, February 11, 2012

It's beginning to look like a dress

Spent time this AM working on the red and black dress.  I skipped Curves; it was so cold this AM that I just could not get my mind set around going out in cold cold weather.  I admit that this has been the better winter in a long time because of no snow, no ice and not weeks of extremely cold weather.  We even had snow showers off and on today.   It is now evening and we are under a wind advisory and the temps will be in the teens.

But I digress.  This morning I serge finished all edges of the skirt portion of the dress and then sewed the front and back side panels to the center front and center back.  By then DH was up and wanting some breakfast as did I.  Then showered and went to buy a few household necessities.  I then went to JoAnn's to get some needles and zippers; spent some time looking around and walked out of the store with no fabric or patterns.  It wasn't hard to walk out of the store with no fabric.  This JoAnn's is truly lacking in garment fabrics.  I have purchased some on occasion but to day the pickings were just horrible.

Returning home, I then completed the sewing of the neckbands and facings to the bodice front and back. I totally ignored the pattern instructions for doing this.  I write about my method later.  I just basted the shower seams and now I am hungry.  Off to fix oyster stew, perfect for a cold winter evening.

More info and some photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...