Thursday, May 05, 2011

Is this the right jacket?

My plans were to make the jacket that is included in this pattern.  I am not sure that I really like this jacket; I do like that it is loose and not so fitted particularly when the weather gets warmer. The fabric I am going to use is this one from Sawyer Brook, a silk rayon woven. 




I fell in love with this fabric the first time I saw it on the website.  I acquired this piece in January/February during one of their sales.  It is perfect with the fabric used in recently as well as another piece or two I have in collection to sew this spring/summer.

I am just not sure if this is the right jacket for me.  Sometimes I think I look lost in this types of jackets-that is those with drop or no shoulders.  Yet another jacket I am drawn to is similar.  Decisions, decisions.

More later.








2 comments:

  1. The short jacket, yes! I think it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawyer Brook has gorgeous fabric. I think a short jacket would look great.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...