Sewing, sewing, sewn

I made a camisole top from KS 2759.  This is a pattern I have had in my stash for some time.  I have made two tops and cardigans from this pattern in the past year or two.  So to stay in sync with others working on tops for the first 15 days of April, I thought I would make this pattern again.

The other reason for sewing it was to test the knit fabric.  Though I like the fabric, it is not as thick or "beefy" as I thought it was going to be.  It was curling on the edges when cutting it out and making this top helped me to determine the right needle, length, etc.

I completed the top early this AM, having to only hem it.  It is so easy to sew and with all the pattern adjustments already made it was truly immediate gratification.  It helped to get my sewing mojo going again as well. 

I used green fold-over elastic for the arm and neck bindings.  I did not fold over the elastic; I just attached the right side of the elastic to the right side of the fabric and stitched 1/4 seam allowance. I then turned the fabric down and top stitched the edge of fabric.

Comments

  1. What a great idea for using FOE! I've got a lot of but can never quite get the hang of using it properly.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when someone shows a great pattern and I already have it in my stash. Never used it before, but after seeing yours I want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love those quick projects! I don't re-sew too many patterns, but on the ones I have knowing the adjustments already is golden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Pamela's Patterns Bias Skirt!

Simplicity 1366

Ruffle Neck Tunic

Sewcialists

Sewcialists