Sunday, November 07, 2010

I think the end is in sight!

Are you as tired as I am about reading posts about THE DRESS!?   This project is consuming me.  I inserted the zipper last night and basted the side seams for final fitting.  I used 3/4 inch seams and decided I need to take an additional 1/2 inch through midriff and upper hip area.  After that I will hem and finish off some topstitching.  I wish I could complete all of this today but in a few hours I am traveling to Richmond, VA.

My next few projects have to be for immediate gratification.  I have so many projects on my list to sew.  I want to make a few skirts and some tops.  I also need to work a jacket into the mix.  It has been a long time since I made a jacket and interestingly my DH pointed this out to be also.

I will be perusing sewing blogs this evening in my hotel room and basically doing some virtual sewing if only through others.  Got to go, packing and breakfast to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...