Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sewing Patterns : Simplicity Patterns : Misses Tops

I have begun the fitting process for my next top. I am participating in Faye's Month of Tops sewing project. I have various skirts and pants in neutral colors and having a variety of tops increases the wardrobe possibilities. Thus I am focused on completing as many as possible this month.

My next top is this one:
Sewing Patterns : Simplicity Patterns : Misses Tops I am considering View B, but may go with the view with ruffles around the neckline. I have to check the amount of fabric availability.

I love it as it has separate front pattern for various bust sizes. I still had to make a small (5/8 inch) FBA in the D cup pattern. Plus my usual forward shoulder and sway back adjustments. I also will reduce the length of the pattern when I cut out the fabric, as it runs a little long on me. More later.

3 comments:

  1. I have been seeing this Simplicity pattern sewn up around the sewing blogs, it is very cute and I can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are on a mission! Make some beautiful tops!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...