Saturday, June 24, 2006

Change in sewing strategy

I got my "chores" done early and got in my 40 minutes at CURVES. I spent the afternoon cutting out my jacket and skirt pattern. I am glad I got all my pattern fitting issues done last night after work and dinner.

Instead of sewing at this time, my new strategy is going ahead with another pattern fitting session and cutting of that pattern. This is the dress pattern that is getting quite a bit of attention since seeing it made up on Erin's "A Dress A Day" blog . I purchased some fabric at Hancock's Fabric last week that is a bright yellow, coral and warm pink flowery polyester that has drape. I then purchased a solid coral fabric with a slight pattern to it (somewhat embossed, but small) to use as the contrast. I am going to make a combination of View B and C of McCalls 5137. Having read Erin's review on her blog and PR, as well as reading Gigi Louis's review also on her blog and PR, I think I can tackle this. Gigi is petite as well so I am going to re-read her comments on this pattern to see what the trouble fitting spots may be.

It's now dinner time so have to run. My next post will be about my 75% off Vogue pattern purchases. I am about as bad at buying patterns as I am fabric. But 75% off, what's a sewist to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...